On construction management assignments, we work diligently and cooperatively with proven contractors on the following specific responsibilities:
- Pre-Construction: We involve all those involved in a new project to:
- review all reporting systems and procedures;
- assess up-to-date working drawings, site and building conditions and engineering studies;
- submit the owner budget estimates, recommendations for cost control, and a detailed project schedule.
- Procedures: Our success as a contractor has resulted from our ability to manage cost, schedule and quality of workmanship, using top-notch systems and procedures. Our project management staff primarily consists of seasoned professional engineers who are equipped with proprietary software developed by JONAS©. We integrate the JONAS cost accounting and job reporting features with Microsoft Project© to form a complete toolkit that meticulously measures performance for every project. Our software is amenable to open book procedures and client access.
We manage documentation and control costs by systemizing all Change Orders and Purchase Orders that require authorization procedures, tracking and accountability. We maintain Quality control standards on site and enforce them with periodic reviews, inspection reports, sub-trade notification and deficiency follow-up. We also systemize LEED Certification policies, procedures and monitoring, involving Nexrock’s LEED AP personnel in conjunction with a third-party LEED consultant firm, in order to achieve overall targets set by the LEED Scorecard.
- Project Schedule: Conforming to the Request for Proposal (RFP), the Nexrock process is:
- establish key milestone dates that govern on-site decision-making and sub-trade monitoring;
- pre-qualification of sub-trades, tender and award recommendation period;
- commencement of work in prioritized areas (i.e. underground parking restoration, demolition and asbestos abatement, mechanical/electrical retrofit and completion of the tenant improvements);
- occupancy permit;
- substantial performance;
- construction completion.